I am a Ph.D. student focusing on earth integrated systems. My degree title once completed will be in the field of earth & atmospheric sciences. My background is in water resources and hydrogeology in which I obtained a master’s degree from MSU in 2016.
PhD Student- MSU, Earth & Atmos. Sci.
Masters- MSU, Geosciences w/ conc. in Geology
Bachelors- MSU, Environ. Geology
Certificate- MSU, Spatial Analysis and Rem. Sens.
Earth processes, deep time, evolution.
- *Varun Paul, M.S. Sankar, Shannon Vattikuti, Padmanava Dash, and Zikri Arslan, “Pollution Assessment and Land Use Land Cover Influence on Trace Metal Distribution in Sediments from Five Aquatic Systems in Southern USA”, Chemosphere, (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.128243.
- *Shannon Vattikuti & Varun Paul, *"Characterizing the Shallow Groundwater Quality of a Clay-Dominated Watershed in Central Mississippi", American Geophysical Union, Washington, DC. Presented at the Fall Virtual Poster Showcase, (2018).
- *Shannon Vattikuti & Varun Paul, *“Characterizing the Groundwater of the Upper Pearl River Watershed in Central Eastern Mississippi”, Mississippi Academy of Sciences. Honorable mention poster presentation, summer symposium, (2018).
- *Shannon Vattikuti & Varun Paul, *“The Hydrochemistry and Landuse/Landcover Classification of The Upper Pearl River Watershed in Central Mississippi”, 72nd Annule Meeting of the Southeastern Division of the American Association of Geographers, Paper Session Presentation, (2017).
- *Shannon Vattikuti & Varun Paul, *“Characterizing the Groundwater of The Upper Pearl River Watershed in Central Mississippi”, Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, GSA Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington, USA. Presentation and MSU graduate student representative, (2017).doi:10.1130/abs/2017AM-306869.