Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers student inquiries and resolves problems related to curriculum and course prerequisites, referring to catalogues, written course descriptions and other appropriate sources.
- Receives and reviews transcripts lo evaluate transfer credits and applicability of academic credit to program requirements.
- Initiates and maintains individual student files as appropriate, updating and evaluating file as new information is received.
- Reviews student files to ensure deadlines are met for completing various graduation requirements such as coursework requirements, theses, comprehensive examinations, and other specific program requirements.
- Coordinates with other organizational units to process admission and graduation requests and to aid in resolution of academic problems.
- Reviews student grade reports each semester to determine probation and/or suspension based on academic regulations of university; notifies and places students on probation or suspension; returns students to regular status after sufficient progress is made.
- Prepares form letters, individual letters, and information packets in support of group and/or Individual recruitment efforts; attends and participates in individual and group orientation and other information dissemination sessions.
- Assists students in the selection of appropriate courses and concentrations in terms of students' stated preferences.
- Assists faculty advisement, athletic coaches, and/or other counseling personnel by providing records, evaluations, interpretations, and other requested data, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Performs supplemental administrative activities such as scheduling meetings and interviews, securing requested information, and and maintaining computerized data files.
- May supervise lower graded staff and/or student employees; may participate in training and evaluative sessions and recommend methods to improve advisement activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field.
1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Job Postings For Students and Alumni
Weekend Meteorologist/MMJ-reporter Position
WPSD LOCAL6, the NBC affiliate in the 82nd market seeks a talented Weekend Meteorologist/MMJ-reporter.
WPSD-TV, Paducah, Kentucky (81 DMA) has an opening for a meteorologist.
KRNV in Reno, NV is looking for a Weekend Meteorologist/Reporter Position
This position is for a weekend meteorologist who would do weather reporting 3 days a week too.
WFXL Fox 31 is looking for a full time Meteorologist/Reporter
This is an entry-level position – previous on-air experience presenting weather and news information is required.
Staff Geologist and Staff Engineer
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. headquartered in Birmingham, AL has new positions available. They are looking for a Staff Geologist and Staff Engineer. One position is located Denver, CO and the other is located in in Birmingham, AL. The Staff Geologist will lead a variety of environmental tasks as required by the project including federal, state, local, and commercial clients. This individual will be responsible for field sampling, site investigations, remediation oversight, and report writing. The Staff Engineer will perform field sampling, data compilation, report preparation related to environmental site investigations, assessments, and remediation projects, or other projects as assigned.
KION News Channel 5, 46 in Salinas- Monterey, CA is looking for a morning meteorologist. They are looking for someone with a full bachelor's degree in meteorology. This is a smaller station but operates as a medium-sized market. Beautiful location, with very mild weather most of the year.