I am from Bangladesh. I am blessed with amazing parents who are my continuous source of inspiration. From my childhood, I have a desire to make a difference in the Earth around us. These inevitable factors convinced me to do a Ph.D. in Earth and atmospheric sciences. I have started my Ph.D. at MSU in August 2018 and serving as a Teaching Assistant and Lecturer for GIS and Earth science courses under the department of Geosciences. I perceive research as the way through which I might contribute to society and the environment. The fun fact about me are meeting new people, traveling, gardening, fishing, and baking.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Earth and Atmospheric Science (August 2018 – Dec. 2021), Department of Geosciences, Mississippi State University, MS State, United States. Dissertation Topic: Determining the effects of elevated carbon dioxide on soil inorganic carbon, weathering potential and acidification: A case study with Mississippian soils
- Master of Science in Soil Science (March 2015 - August 2017), Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University, Bangladesh, Thesis Topic: Digital Mapping of Soil Organic Carbon Using Random Forest Regression Kriging Algorithm
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Jan. 2011 - March 2015), Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University, Bangladesh
My scholarly interests range widely; I am thrilled to learn new skills, which somehow left me yearning for a deeper understanding of new methods to improve natural resource management in a sustainable manner. I am interested in geostatistics and spatial analysis, soil-water interactions, biogeochemistry, climate change and ecology, carbon flux modeling, decision-making, technical writing, communication materials, capacity building, and professionalism.
- Ferdush, J. and Paul, V., 2021. A review on the possible factors influencing soil inorganic carbon under elevated CO2. CATENA, 204, p.105434.
- Ferdush, J., Ahmed, Z. U., Rahman, GKM. M., Abdullah, H. M., 2019. Application of random forest regression kriging algorithm in soil organic carbon mapping for paddy soil, Bang. Geoderma Regional (under revision).
- Islam, M. R., Abdullah, H. M., Ahmed, Z. U., Ferdush, J., Miah, M. G., & Miah, M. M. U., 2017. Monitoring the spatiotemporal dynamics of waterlogged area in southwestern Bangladesh using time series Landsat imagery. Remote Sensing Applications: Society and Environment.