At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a casual broadcast meteorologist (remote or in studio)
680 NEWS is #1 in Toronto and we are looking for someone who can connect with our listeners on air and online! The news division of Rogers Sports and Media includes 680 NEWS, CityNews and OMNI TV – we work as one dynamic team to deliver the most up to date and trusted information.
What you will do…
- · You will be a part of a dedicated and hard-working team craft and deliver weather forecasts on Toronto’s #1 news station.
- · You’ll be available to do storm coverage when severe weather hits
- · You’re a content creator who can make weather interesting and understandable on air and social
What you will bring…
- · People rely on 680 NEWS now more than ever, so we need a dependable, smart, news weather who loves working in a team environment.
- · The successful candidate will have experience forecasting in a live environment and tracking storms
- · You follow 680 NEWS on its digital platforms and have ideas for its growth
- · A desire to win 24-7, which includes evenings and weekends
- · You can roll with the speed and unpredictability of breaking weather news and thrive in an environment where no day is the same!
- · People can count on you to bring your best every day and be a leader for the team
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- · A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- · A team that trusts and wants to win together
- · Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- 1. Our people are at the heart of our success
- 2. Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do