Rizing Geospatial is currently seeking a GIS/LiDAR Analyst to be located in or near Jackson, MS. The GIS/LiDAR Analyst is responsible for the acquisition of mobile LiDAR data, feature extraction, data processing, and quality control. In addition to day-to-day field data collection, the GIS/LiDAR Analyst provides input on project design, project scheduling, and data processing tasks. This person also utilizes ESRI, Leica, TopoDOT, Microstation, AutoCAD, GoogleEarth and other geospatial software packages.
Rizing Geospatial is part of Rizing’s leading enterprise asset management (EAM) consulting practice. We provide geospatial services and products, mainly to the transportation and utilities industries. Our reliable geospatial services focus on delivering successful projects using the latest technologies, proven project methodologies, and innovative approaches.
Our LiDAR team operates a sophisticated mobile mapping system, and this is an excellent opportunity for entry-level candidates with little to no experience to join a highly motivated team and to gain experience with cutting-edge technology. Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license, have an excellent driving record, and be able to pass a background and drug test. They also must be willing to travel extensively throughout Mississippi, the Southeast and potentially to other states. #LI-JH1
- Field acquisition of mobile LiDAR point clouds and associated imagery
- Processing of collected data using Leica and other geospatial technologies
- Data compilation and feature extraction
- Assistance with the layout and design of mobile LiDAR projects Assistance with digital map creation and quality control.
- Interest in surveying, GIS, LiDAR data collection, remote sensing, and mapping
- Proficient understanding of and experience with computers and information technology Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a small team that relies on dependability and punctuality
- Willingness/ability to work 10+ hours days if needed and to travel 75% of the time
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- A knowledge base that will allow for recognizing the necessary requirements to implement a cost-effective solution and then to be able to convey that solution both verbally and written.
- Ability to understand the client’s needs so that an effective solution can be communicated.
- Ability to listen with the intent to understand rather than to just simply reply with what they want to hear.
- Ability to monitor true progress and then communicate effectively with the client to manage their expectations.
Work Environment and Special Consideration
- Works in a professional and/or remote office environment.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops, monitors, phones, and headsets.
M: +1 804 873 0555